Sunday, May 2, 2010

On things I need, and, consequently, some I don't

Hours after I opened and titled this blog, I am finally adding some content.

Not long after my Wednesday tripping spree some conspicuous bruises sprouted all over my right leg, and since most of the weekend was lovely sunny weather, I got to parade around like the victim of an abusive relationship. On the same note of things that should not have happened, I cut my hair today. It looks like... well I like to think of my hairs as very independent. There are chunks that have a mind of their own and just kind of stick out no matter how I try to arrange them or battle them down with bobby pins. The way I see it, it would be quite hypocritical of me to ask my hair to be tamed, so I'm coming to terms with this style.

I've been thinking too much for the past week and way too much this evening. 'About what?' you might say, (assuming that you exist and are able to speak), and the answer is: about many things. I am feeling, for lack of a more descriptive term, restless. When I start to feel this way, I begin re-evaluating my life, and inevitably find areas where I want some change. The thing here is that, instead of acting like a sane person, I decide to change my whole life. If I don't like my hair I decide it's a good idea to shave my head and go wig shopping. If I'm not satisfied with my life as a student I decide that a good remedy would be to drop my IR courses and study Russian and Teaching English as a Foreign Language and move to Moscow. When I'm feeling (tonight) unsure about a lot of things, I start thinking that I could sell my ticket back to California and use the money to buy a nice backpack and load it up with my journal and some diet coke and head into the jungle to find myself.

Just a short mix and match, (I'm sure there's been some list-withdrawal happening in my absence).

1. Don't be condescending
2. You won't be here in 100 years.
3. What if some one was watching?
4. iced tea with Splenda
5. Fatima

1. Be sure you'd do the same.
2. Some perspective when you get wrapped up in your own world.
3. My favorite beverage.
4. I can't wait to be.
5. I'll have trouble not holding it against you.

Yay! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment