Sunday, January 24, 2010

"You Don't Know How Lovely You Are"

Hello, hello and welcome to my Sunday!
Thursdays have always been my favorite day of the week, mainly because they are so close to the freedom of the weekend. You may wonder, 'why not Friday then?'. Well, being the planning freak that I tend to be, I prefer Thursdays because that's when I traditionally like to make my weekend plans. Anyway, though I do love my Thursdays, I am also quite fond of Sundays. There are a few reasons for this. First of all, Sunday is the most free of all days, in my opinion. Since most people run on a Monday-Friday schedule with Saturday and Sunday being the two open days, the weekend represents a break from work and school and time for leisure activities. But of course- we all know this. Because the day after Sunday is a work day, Sunday has come to embody more of a day for resting, recovering, and for me: planning, catching up, and preparing for the week ahead. There's something about Sunday that motivates me like no other day. It's when I am my most efficient. It's when I do my above-and-beyond cleaning, (really, who scrubs the wall ABOVE the shower??), when I do most of my homework, plan for the week ahead, organize things, shop, and do everything that I put off during the week. It's also my day when I feel like I can start new things as well. It's a very "fresh" day in my opinion. Anyway, the moral of this short story is that I am very appreciative of this Sunday, and all the Sundays to come, and am very much looking forward to another weekly burst of productivity.

While at Luton airport last week, (Tuesday?), I decided to look around one of the convenience shops and spent some extra time looking over the books section, mainly because there was an unusually large selection of English books. Just one of the many perks of traveling within England : ) Anyway, I ended up buying four books, (all nonfiction), and the one that I have started reading is quite interesting. It is a book about eating, people's relationships with food; some of the science behind cravings, diets, and hunger; and other related topics and studies. I have finished the first part of the book and the second part moves on to a journal type situation encouraging the reader to adopt certain tactics in their attitudes toward food and eating and document any changes in their physical and/or emotional health that these tactics set into motion. I must say, I am very interested to see if the simple yet radical changes proposed have the effects the author claims they will have. Anyway, today being Sunday, I believe it's a great day to begin, so we will see.

I've been feeling so creative in the last few days. Something I'm just beginning to realize is that at my most creative, I tend to feel more isolated than when I'm not feeling so creative. I wonder, is this typical of most people? It seems that it could be a product of the feelings of creativity making a person feel unique and thus slightly more set apart from others... Either way, though I welcome bursts of creativity, I don't care for the sensation that I'm alone. It just opens the door to homesickness... But that's that.

Today I have:
made deviled eggs
read
organized some of my favorite quotes
listened to an astounding amount of OneRepublic

I miss California. I miss Mom and Dad and coast and sun. See you in 4 months!

Farewell.


No comments:

Post a Comment